Monday, February 6, 2017

"Look at us. Saving the world and it isn't even 8:00 yet"

인녕하세요!!

(Good Morning!!)
Sister Warner and I
So much has happened and nothing at all! Our zone doubled this week! We went from 23 missionaries to 46!! It's mostly Sisters which makes life in the residence a party 항상 (always). I got to host one of the new sisters so she got a little bit of a head start on the 한극말 (Korean). But not that much.
MTC Zone
The other day we got a sack breakfast and when Perlawan 자매님 went to eat her boiled eggs there was a surprise! It wasn't boiled. We thought it might have been a fluke. But all three eggs in our room were raw. Also my orange juice hadn't been properly factory sealed. So we've had better breakfasts. We went and let them know all the eggs were raw. Warner 자매님 and I felt like we were saving the world. Or at least the MTC. 

The 한극말 (Korean) is coming along! Our lessons are entirely in sentences now! We probably mess up subject markers or conjugate slightly wrong, but it's crazy to think how far we've come. We've learned 4 or 5 different ways to conjugate but 4 weeks into Spanish I'm not sure that we'd even learned how to conjugate at all.
The high temperature today was 49 degrees.
That means no coat, right?
In one of our last lessons, I was trying to explain that the priesthood is God's authority(관능). However, I forgot the word for authority so I just made up a word and said 관세. Our investigator nodded like he understood but I didn't know what I'd just told him. Turns out I'd said that the priesthood is God's power. Which is also true.

It's always a party with licorice, right?
Also in funny language mistakes: Luce 장로님 told a member that God loves death. Warner 자매님 and I weren't sure how to ask what someone's family was like so we asked if their families existed. Good news: their families existed.

Everyday here is a party! I love getting your letters!

사랑함니다!! (I love you!!)
Tobler 자매
I'm a little spoiled that my grandparents teach here.

No comments:

Post a Comment