Monday, January 30, 2017

"Who's Ho Sting?"

인녕하세요!!


This week has been great! Some days I wake up and forget that I'm a missionary so it's fun to remember that everyday!

This Wednesday will be 3 weeks in the MTC and all of the English missionaries that arrived on the same day as us will be gone! We're getting old.

Our district was asked to host the new missionaries  this Wednesday so I'm super excited! Our teacher was writing our teaching schedule on the board so we knew which investigators to prepare for, except on Wednesday we wouldn't be teaching so she just wrote "hosting." Elder Miller looked at it and was very confused why we had a new investigator. "Who's Ho Sting?" But actually, it's nobody.


The senior district left today which has been sad. We love them! I can't imagine being a branch president and having to say goodbye to the missionaries every 3 weeks. In the senior district, there were two Japanese elders and they're they first Japanese elders to go to Korea ever! That's how much the two countries hate each other. But also it's super cool that they get to be the first.

Something I've learned from my time here is that people can change. In the past two weeks, I've gone running everyday. Mostly that's because there are very few vegetables so I feel like I need to do something to be healthy since I can't really change the food. But the days that there are broccoli are the best days. Like yesterday. I've only had cooked broccoli twice while I've been here which just shows how infrequently they serve fresh vegetables. 

Yesterday, I ran into someone that I'm related to! I was about to walk into a row at the devotional last night, and a Sister behind me said, "Sister Tobler! Do you know a Darwin Tobler?" Turns out she was raised by Rodney, Darwin's son. So then I told her my grandpa was Richard and we were talking about funny stories we'd heard about Merlin, amongst other things. Fortunately she had her camera so she has a picture, but I don't know when she'll be able to send it to me. 

I love reading all your emails! 

사랑함니다!!
Tobler 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment