Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Cancelled appointments, Technology, and Exchanges

I had the super great opportunity to go on 3 exchanges this week!  On Tuesday I was with Sister 정다은 where we attempted to 전도 and were able to heart attack a member that just recently had surgery. We also had a 전도 activity where I was with Sister 김현정-- who I actually lived with the whole time I was in Gangnam. We had a super great time despite the cold and we were even able to get some numbers. My last exchange was with Sister Munk-Erdene up in Yeongdeungpo and we got to have a service opportunity where we delivered food to old people that can't leave their houses.


Toward the end of the week, we had a lot of appointments but most of them ended up cancelling including 정선영s, the two girls that we teach, and even Jenny. We got a text message the day before we were supposed to meet Jenny that said she'd looked us up on the internet and realized that we didn't believe all of the same things so she couldn't meet with us in case it might have an effect on her belief. We were really sad but shared with her that we were just sharing what we do because we'd come to know it was true and experienced happiness through it.

Once we got Facebook, we started having out of control friend requests, so much to the point where we don't accept a lot of them anymore because there's just so many. However, among the people that requested to be our friends is someone that actually lives in Indonesia and we were able to video chat with her yesterday! She's super cute and was so excited when we let her know that there are even missionaries in Indonesia so we're hoping to get her set up with the missionaries there.


With our new changes in technology, we've really tried to embrace it and use it as effectively as possible. When I first heard we were getting smart phones I was a little reluctant because I'd already served 1 year of my mission a specific way, but as we've been able to see the blessings that can come from them, I've thought a lot about change. The Lord wants us to change and become like Him. There have been a lot of changes with the missionary schedule, key indicators, and other things while I've been serving but the reason the Lord asks us to change is to do His work!

사랑해요

토블러 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment