Monday, August 21, 2017

"Thanks to Crocs I feel like an all-terrain vehicle"

My companion asked her mom for some Crocs because it's monsoon season. And she got 3 pairs. So she gave me one and in our Crocs, we power through any weather. Because it's been raining the last week or so and it's been pretty much a party.


What a week. This upcoming week we're combining wards so it's been a little bit crazy but it's great! We got to meet with Jenny and Julia and they still have so much English interest it's incredible. But we introduced the Book of Mormon and we get to talk about that . . . so I'm really excited because we're also teaching the Plan of Salvation-- two of my favorite things!


We had interviews this last week which meant we had no time to prepare for our lesson right after. So we ended up "planning" on the subway ride there. Aka our planning went, "Probably we should review Joseph Smith" "Yep. And talk about baptism." And that's when the gang of Jehovah's Witness grandmas started trying to proselyte to us. Classic. They gave us a pamphlet so I tried to trade pamphlets. But then they gave it back to me because they said they weren't gonna read it. Great.


Our lesson with Tina went pretty well though. We ended up talking about the Law of Chastity. Definitely not what we had planned but it was good because she had a lot of questions.


We also got a new investigator this week through a 5 minute lesson in the convenience store about the Book of Mormon. But she said she'll read it and told us to come back!


Yesterday was Stake Conference and my greenie ward is in our stake. And my companion has served in 2 other wards in our stake so it was like a happy reunion with everybody I know! I imagine that's just what heaven will be like--getting to see everyone we love again!


After a crazy busy week, we also got to sing in a baptism at Seocho yesterday which was so great! Their investigator was so excited to be baptized and she'll be confirmed next week at the first combined meeting. I'm so excited for her!


Anywho, love you all and the gospel is true! And for everybody! It answers all your questions you could ever have!

사랑해요!

토블러 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment