Monday, May 8, 2017

Water to Tea??

안녕하세요!!

This week has had its ups and downs but missionary work is always great! This week we turned on our air conditioning for the first time and the humidity is only going to get worse. It's great.
Open your mouth!
We 전도'ed a whole lot this week, including stickerboarding, bus and subway 전도, and even knocking doors! We knocked a whole 15 floor building, which was fun.
Me with my Korean snocone. I'll never eat an American snocone again.
(Nice photo bomber.)
We had mission tour this past week with Elder Yamashita and it was super great! On the subway there, we talked with a man about missionary work a little bit and he told me I look like Jesus. Then he offered us some weight loss tea samples and was even kind enough to put it straight into my water bottle for me. Elder Yamashita talked about how every rejection is a step closer to finding someone who's ready to hear the gospel. So we just need to be rejected more and faster.
Do I really look like Jesus?
My now useless water bottle. ;)
This week as I've been reading the New Testament, I was reading in John 5 and verse 6 really stood out to me where Jesus says "Wilt thou be made whole?" I think we know everything we need to do to be made whole and we know the faith it takes. But even after that, we still must make a choice to act on that. At mission conference, Sister Turner really emphasized that. Even after we learn all that we need, it does us no good if we don't act on it.
"Thanks for the banana bread recipe, Mom." ;)
Love you all! Remember to act on what you know!

토블러 자매

1 comment:

  1. Hello sister! <3 I served in Daejeon in 92-93 (lo these many moons ago) and went back and taught English with my husband right after we got married. We are planning a trip this year with our two kids (12 and 8). The only time we could do it was late August/early September, and I am really wondering how we're going to deal with the heat and humidity (I'm from Ohio originally, but these kids have lived in Western Washington all their lives and they are not prepared!) I'm hoping it will be at least bearable by September because I want to do some hiking! So much hiking!

    When I was there we did not have air conditioning in our apartments. Jealous.

    수고하세요!

    ReplyDelete