Sunday, April 29, 2018

Final Transfer Call

This has been a great week, concluding with Sister KimNa's baptism!! We were able to visit some members and still get in 전도 (proselyting)! To start the week off, we were able to make our weekly visit to 이명자's and take her to the hospital. Sister Morgan's mom sent us a CD of Korean hymns for her and it was like Christmas. She's called us a few times afterwards to say thank you again and she's so cute!


We received a less active list for the YSA ward which finally gave us some direction and we were able to start working with them. We had good conversations with a lot of them.


Sister Morgan said I talked in my sleep the other day. I kept saying "같이 가요," which means, "Let's go together" This was a big milestone in several ways:
  1. My brain is stuck in Korean.
  2. I've never talked in my sleep before.
  3. I've had a companion long enough that I can't do things alone anymore.
I also got to go on exchanges with Sister Peterson where we ran into a member from another missionary's hometown who's waiting for her call. I've only taken that specific subway line twice but both times I've run into a member like that and it's been cool!


We had a zone language study activity this week that was the first time I've ever tried that. We got to learn a lot of phrases like "Kill two birds with one stone" and "drop off the face of the earth" Another member that leaves on her mission next week came and we were able to practice some English with her-- she wants to practice so she'll be able to communicate with other missionaries really well. She's going to be so great on her mission.


We finished lessons with Sister KimNa this week and she was baptized! She kept talking about the spirit she's felt and it's been so cool to meet with her and see her progress. Every time we taught, she said she'd already felt like the Church should believe that/be like that and through that she's found peace. I've truly been able to see the peace, happiness, and pure joy that comes from the gospel!  We were so excited for all the ward support she got and we even got a phone call on Saturday afternoon from the member that referred her asking if we could participate in a musical number with her. We're excited to see her keep growing.

Also we got transfer calls and I will be staying with Sister Morgan and also Sister Pari will be coming, who I was in the MTC with. Always keeping it exciting. This is a work of happiness and God's work! I know it's true!

사랑해요!

토블러 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment