Sunday, November 5, 2017

Smart Phones!

Last week we got smartphones and I'm not sure how I feel about it! The biggest perk right now is probably our capability to send emojis or that we can see our chats in a thread. It's the little things that count. :)

Happy Halloween! We celebrated Halloween with a party thrown by the youth at the church. We were asked to do a booth there so we had a "Monster Restaurant" with your everyday guts, eyeballs, and fingers (bananas, grapes, and carrots). The participants had to eat it all blindfolded as we told them what they were eating. But, we decided to make it a little trickier so in order to go to the restaurant, they had to go find a ticket. The ticket was inside a box on a hill next to the church. And my companion and I were waiting at the box. The secret though, was that my hand was actually in the box and there were no tickets in there so I'd grab their hands as they stuck them in. Some people were a little spooked and some not at all but we had a good time.

We've also done a lot of 전도 (proselyting) this week and I've met a few people that have just given me food as soon as I say I'm from America. I don't really know why but I've gotten some boiled eggs, tea, and potato soup this week on the subway. But we've seen some mixed signs about Trump coming here so I don't really know. :)


We also got a new investigator this week named 홍혜정(Hong Hye Jung) and she's great! The Elders originally met her on the street and we met all together and taught the restoration. She's Christian but unlike a lot of people on the street, she actually attended church and knows a decent amount about the bible. We taught the Restoration and she said it made a lot of sense! We invited her to pray about our message and we'll follow up next week!

사랑해요! (I love you!)


토블러 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment