Sunday, April 23, 2017

Transfer 2!

I finally reached my second transfer! (But I didn't get transferred.) And I've only been a missionary for 3 months already. Woot! Language learning.

Happiness is ice cream and Ghiradelli brownies.
She's also decided that Ghiradelli brownies are the best!
This week I've done a ton of English 전도. We met a woman from Sri Lanka and a man from Panama whose parents are Chinese and he's trying to get Korean citizenship. So that's cool. I was going to try out my Spanish but whenever I try to speak Spanish, Korean words slip in or I use Korean sentence structure. So we just talked in English.
We couldn't get a clear, serious picture. Here's to pure joy and good friends.
All the missionaries I was in the MTC with.
Photo from another missionary


This week at district meeting, our zone leader was there on exchanges and they started the district meeting in Korean without thinking about it. Usually we have district meeting in English because me and another Elder are both greenies. But they got 45 minutes into the meeting before realizing that I might not understand what was going on. Except I'd understood everything so I can definitely see improvements in my understanding of Korean!
Sis Turner told us we weren't allowed to buy NeNe Chicken everyday. It's the BEST!
This week I finished the Book of Mormon again and it's still true! :) I did something different with my marking though, and I've been underlining things that relate to different aspects of a missionary purpose and highlighting where it talks about Light or Testimony since those two things are so related. And what I've learned is that the scriptures are so, so full of light! They really are God's word and will uplift you every single time you read them. I especially like Moroni 7:19:
 Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye may know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ.
Love you all!

Sister Tobler
Ice cream for a pick-me-up. I eat more ice cream here than I did at home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment