Sunday, March 26, 2017

"자매님! There's two tribes over here!"

Korea is so good!

I feel like I can follow most gospel conversations now. Everyday conversations are a little harder. Mostly I just nod and laugh when everyone else does.
My language flash cards. The white ones are just since I got to Korea.
This week we went to lunch with a member and she is so awesome! Because we're whitewashing, we're still figuring out who's in the ward. She served a mission at Temple Square and her last transfer was companions with her sister. How cool is that?

Our investigator that was a referral from the Elders prayed! She texts us everyday to practice her English and texted us that she had prayed and felt good! I still think she's more interested in English but it's a good sign. The grandma that we also teach at English and she calls us everyday to practice her English said she would take a pamphlet in English about our church! But when I brought the pamphlet, she said it was too small for her to read. So we figured out how to make it bigger on the copier. We'll see how that goes next time.

We got to go sticker boarding with our zone this past week and all the people here are so busy. I just think if they knew how important our message was, they'd stop and listen.

Our stickerboard and some pamphlets
We met a nice grandma on the subway and my companion started talking about the Plan of Salvation. She was so excited that she could see her husband again! We almost got her phone number and then someone next to her pulled out tissues with her church's ad on them. Lame. So we left her with a pamphlet. She hasn't called though.
Some Korean Food: Rice burger, Korean pancake (not for breakfast),
Spam sushi and "yummy stuff" 
This week's title comes from my companion. Last night, while opening the cheese, the bag ripped all the way and cheese flew everywhere. She looked at me and said, "It's like the scattering of the ten tribes"  #youknowyoureamissionarywhen..Then later she found more cheese. Hence, "자매님! (Sister!) There's two tribes over here!"

This week I've been studying patience and one verse that really stuck out to me was Alma 31:31 which defines patience as "comforting your soul in Christ" Super awesome.

Patience is definitely key in missionary work.

Love you all!
Sister Tobler

P.S. I sent pictures for last week's blog so that's been updated. :) Just scroll on down for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment